Ultrasound is an incredibly powerful tool for medical mission work. Its utility crosses many specialties, and practical ultrasound skills can be learned in a short time. Using live models, participants will review basic techniques and practice a variety of exams under the guidance of skilled medical mission sonographers.
Ultrasound workshops focus on:
- Pre-natal and genitourinary/breast ultrasound
- Placenta praevia, twins, fetal gender identification
- External ultrasound techniques for ovarian and uterine exam
- Breast mass ultrasound
- Cardiac, hepato-biliary, and FAST ultrasound diagnoses
- Congenital heart defects
- Rheumatic Fever
- Acute abdominal screening
Participants should gain improved diagnostic ultrasound skill for more effective mission performance, and develop a foundation from which further self-directed sonography improvement can take place.
Check out the power of portable ultrasound in remote mission settings–come learn how to do this!